1. Eligibility. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C. WHO ARE AT LEAST AGE 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, WHICHEVER IS OLDER). IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND RECREATIONAL EQUIPMENT, INC. (“REI”) RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. If you have an APO or FPO mailing address, you must identify your state of permanent residence. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by REI in the manner and format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of REI, any participating sponsors, and any of their respective affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sweepstakes void where prohibited.
2. Disclaimer. REI, any participating sponsors, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) phone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Sweepstakes disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of REI or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes.
3. Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes starts at 12:00:01 AM PDT on June 1, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PDT on June 5, 2020
(the "Sweepstakes Period"). Entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period and otherwise comply with these Official Rules to be eligible to win a prize.
4. How to Enter. During the Sweepstakes Period, visit the website for the REI Film Screening and Live Q&A with Filmakers event (http://reifilmscreening.splashthat.com) and submit a completed entry form. Limit one entry per person. Entries become the property of REI and will not be returned. Entries and entrants may be subject to verification by REI in its discretion. By entering the Sweepstakes, you consent to being placed on a mailing list for promotional and other materials.
5. Winner Selection and Notification. Five (5) winners will be determined by a random drawing from all eligible entries, to be held on or about June 8, 2020. Winners will be notified by e-mail on or about June 9, 2020. To claim a prize, each winner should follow the instructions contained in the notification email.
6. Prizes. Five (5) winners will each receive the following: one REI Co-op Brand Trail 2 Pride Edition Wastepack (ARV $24.95), one REI Co-op Brand Nalgene Pride Water Bottle (ARV $11.95), one REI Co-op Brand Pride Stripe Bandana (ARV $7.95), one REI Co-op Brand Outside With Pride Sticker (ARV $3.95), one REI Co-op Brand Outside with Pride Pin (ARV $6.95), and one REI Co-op Brand Pride Rainbow Pin (ARV $6.95) (the “Prize(s)”). Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of all Prizes is $313.50. Odds of winning a prize depend on number of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. All Prizes will be awarded. If a Prize is returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within 10 days after delivery of notification, the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected by a second random drawing from all remaining eligible entries. Prizes are not transferable, are not eligible for the REI member refund, and may not be used with any other promotional discount. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any Prizes will be permitted, except that REI reserves the right to substitute a Prize of comparable or greater value for any Prize. Limit one Prize per household or address. All Prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
7. Selection of Prize. Actual model, color, accessories and features of the Prize will be selected by REI in its sole discretion and may vary from photos used in print, REI in-store advertising, and in digital and online advertising.
8. General Release. By entering the Sweepstakes, you release REI and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes or delivery, mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, or use of or inability to use any Prize (including claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
9. Use of Winner’s Name and Likeness. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Sweepstakes constitutes permission to use each winner's name, likeness, persona, hometown, and Prize information in all media now known or later devised throughout the world in perpetuity for all purposes REI deems appropriate, including for marketing, promotional and publicity purposes, without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any Prize, except where prohibited by law, each winner may (in REI's discretion) be required to execute a written consent, confirming REI’s right to use such winner’s name, likeness, persona, hometown, and Prize information without further permission or compensation.
10. Affidavit and Release. As a condition of being awarded any Prize, each winner may (in REI's discretion) be required to execute and deliver to REI a signed affidavit of eligibility, acceptance of these Official Rules, release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required in REI’s discretion.
11. Winner List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after July 31, 2020 and before July 31, 2021 to REI Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 1938, Sumner, WA 98390, Attn: “REI Pride Collection Sweepstakes.” To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to REI Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 1938, Sumner, WA 98390, Attn: “REI Pride Collection Sweepstakes.” Residents of VT may omit return postage.
12. Intellectual Property Notice. REI and RECREATIONAL EQUIPMENT are trademarks of Recreational Equipment, Inc. The Sweepstakes and all accompanying materials are copyright 2020 by Recreational Equipment, Inc. All rights are reserved.
13. Miscellaneous. The Sweepstakes and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the state of Washington, U.S.A. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of REI, which are final and binding in all respects. REI reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes or any entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes beyond REI's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes, or REI otherwise becomes (as determined by REI) incapable of running the Sweepstakes as planned, in which event all Prizes will be awarded via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received before cancellation. Notwithstanding the foregoing, REI reserves the right to amend, modify, or cancel the Sweepstakes at any time without notice. Entrants who violate these Official Rules; violate any law, rule, or regulation in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes; tamper with the operation of the Sweepstakes; or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to REI, the Sweepstakes, or any other entrant (in each case as determined in REI's discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Sweepstakes. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. The use of the terms “include” or “including” in these Official Rules is illustrative and not limiting. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Sweepstakes, please send written questions in a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to REI Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 1938, Sumner, WA 98390, Attn: “REI Pride Collection Sweepstakes.”
15. Sweepstakes Sponsor: Recreational Equipment, Inc., 6750 S. 228th Street, Kent, WA 98032. REI is a national retailer of quality outdoor gear and apparel.